Still very much WIP
- Hobratz and Deltarians
- Land Wars of Hobrazia
- Kingdom of Stormereti & Kingdom of Muzalkaz
- Reunification in 1375, under King Vakhtang the Great
- Vakhtanid Dynasty (1375-1739)
- Mdivanid Dynasty (1739-2035)
First Republic (2035-2342)Edit
- Monarchy abolished in 2035, first Republic of Hobrazia
Imperial Republic (2342-3161)Edit
- Imperial Republic proclaimed in 2342
- Participation in the First Darnussian Civil War (2354-2360)
- Imperial Hobrazian Protectorate of Independent Darnussia (2370-2373)
- Second Imperial Republic declared in 2417
- Hobrazian Imperium proclaimed in 2738
Second Hobrazian Imperium (3161-3847)Edit
- Free Republic of Hobrazia formed in 3161
- Republic of Hobrazia in 3186
- Artani Republic of Hobrazia in 3193
- Hobrazian People's Democratic Republic in 3222
- Hobrazian Republic in 3257
- Participation in Malivian-Gaduri War (3288-present)
Kingdom of Hobrazia (3847-present) Edit
- Accession of the HMP to power on Nov 3846.
- Transition to Monarchy begun in early 3847.
The Hobrazian political scene is a varied one and has experienced several important changes throughout its history. Hobrazia is currently a multi-party constitutional parliamentary republic, transitioning from a corporatist libertarian republic, from which the name Capitalist State, which institutions, however, have been already reformed into a more classic parliamentary republic which name, probably, will be Free State of Hobrazia (Hobrazian: ჰობრაცი თავისუფალი სახელმწიფო, transl. Hobratsi tavisupali sakhelmts’ipo).
Executive power rely in the hand of the Chancellor, elected and appointed by the Parliament before which he is responsible together with the Cabinet (with which he forms the Hobrazian Government) while the President, popularly elected together with the Parliament for a 3 years and 6 months term, is a cerimonial figurehead.
The legislative branch is composed of an unicameral chamber, the popularly elected 100 member Parliament.
The only active political parties in the Hobrazian Parties are the Hobrazia Hosian Democrats Party and the Conservative Party of Hobrazia.
|Name in Terran||Position||Ideology||Seats in the Assembly|
|Hobrazia Hosian Democrat Party||Right Wing||Hosian Democracy||650/650|
|Conservative Party of Hobrazia||Right Wing||Conservatism||0/650|
There are many defunct parties who left an impressive influence over Hobrazian politics and politicians:
- Hobratsur Komunisturi Partiis
- Hobratsuri Erovnuli P’rontis
- Hobrazian Peoples Party
- Akhali Partia
- Rep’ormis Partia
- We Say So! Party
- Capitalist Party of Hobrazia
- Clyrvská Dynastia
- Popular Front for Democratic Socialism
- Christian Socialist Party
- First Party of Hobrazia
Hobrazia has five sub-national administrative divisions. The sub-national administrative divisions are known as Mkhare's (Hobrazian: მხარე), usually translated as regions.
|Kiduran||151,500 km²||19,988,344||Kiduran City|
|Muzalkaz||222,300 km²||19,858,070||Muzal City|
|Stormereti||95,700 km²||19,957,032||Astoria City|
The Republic of Hobrazia has very different geography depending on where you are in the country. All kinds of climate and land form can be experienced in the five communes.
- Zargundia: desert/plain-like
- Deltaria: Rivers and forrests/swamps and some holiday beaches
- Kiduran: Just crowded (the largest population) with lots of service industry and IT and not the heavy industry, except for some naval ones.
- Stormereti: Crowded with a little capital (Astoria City) and a lot of cities surrounding it. Lots of naval industry.
- Muzalkaz: Hills and mountains, industry related to that and a lot of smaller cities.
EconomyEditHobrazia has a diversified economy with the largest sectors being tourism, agriculture and mining. About 52% of the Hobrazian workforce is employed in agriculture which makes up about 18% of Hobrazia's GDP. Most of these are engaged in substinence farming. Tourism is an important forex earner, with nearly 2 million foreigners visiting the country in 3702-3. Hobrazia has large deposits of commercially exploitable copper, zinc, gold, silver, coal and aluminium. Mineral production counted for 8% of GDP in 3701.
Hobrazia's economy is being restructured from one of a socialist model with high levels of state ownership to that of a corporatist model, with lesser public ownership but remaining with relatively high regulation. Hobrazia has a progressive income tax regime from 15% to 58%. Corporation tax is at 25% while VAT is 10% for basics and 20% for luxury goods.
Education in Hobrazia is divided into four states. The first is the nursery stage which children attend from ages 4 to 6. The second is the primary school stage from age 6 to 11 (Grades 1 to 6). Following that is the junior high school stage attended between the age of 12 and 15 (Grades 7 to 10) At 15 students have to select continuing with a specialised academic path or a professional one. This is the fourth stage and is done over three years (15-18). All schools (except some higher education ones) in Hobrazia are private but the Government runs a voucher system to fund each student's education.
Hobrazia has several well regarded universities (a relic from the communist era) Many of them are state owned but an increasing number of private ones are being opened. The best regarded universities are the Hobrazian School of Public Affairs, the Agrarian University of Muzalkaz, the University of Northern Stormereti, the University of Zargundia, and the Hobrazian Technical Institute.
Hobrazia has a private based universal healthcare system. The government manages the national health insurance programs and pays for all citizens' healthcare which is received from private hospitals and physicians. The amount of public coverage received by a citizen depends on their annual income with low income citizens receiving 100% coverage while the highest earners get just about 25%.
The population of Hobrazia is very homogenous with 89% of the population being Hobrazians. A large Malivian minority (7%) is found in the southern parts of the country. The rest are mostly Artanian immigrants of all ethnicities. The current population stands at 99.66 million citizens of the republic.
Hobrazians speak a unique language, called Hobrazian, which is a language isolate, meaning it is unrelated to any other language. Hobrazian uses its own alphabet, created during the Middle Ages. Although the letters of the Hobrazian alphabet largely follow the order of the Kalopian alphabet, the two alphabets seem to be unrelated.
Hobaism, a polytheistic nature religion, and the Hobrazian Orthodox Church, a Patriarchal branch of Hosianism, were once Hobrazian state religions, to which the majority of the population adheres. There are also small populations of Luthorans in the north such as the members of the Church of Muzalkaz and practitioners of Geraja in the south (comprised mostly of Malivian expatriates). Hobrazia is also home to a sizable atheistic/agnostic community. The Hobrazian Monarchist Party officially banned religion from Hobrazia.
The Hobrazian Republic is largely homogeneous in its ethnic makeup though liberal immigration laws have given rise to a few minority groups. Most of the population is formed of ethnic Hobrazians. The modern Hobrazian ethnic makeup was created by the merger of two tribes, the Hobratz and the Zargunians. The latter were the descendants of Deltarians, coming from modern Deltaria, and most Hobrazians therefore view Deltarians as their genetic cousins.
Hobrazia is a member of the Artanian Union, having joined the organisation in March 3489. Hobrazians are pro-Artania and a good number of the support Artanian federalism. Hobrazia keeps a close eye on the treatment of Hobrazians in the diaspora and is always ready to intervene to ensure their security and safety. The Imperial Republic of Hobrazia was a member of the Axis Agreement and the Treaty Against the New World Order, until the Capitalist Party of Hobrazia Government withdrew from the arrangement. Hobrazia was also once a member of the Alliance of Terran Republics, and a close ally of Gaduridos.
- Oktoberfest- A holiday that commerates Hobrazian beer-crafting. A perennial favorite for tourists.
- Hobrazia Day- Commemorates the founding of the first Republic.
- Labour Day
- New Year's Eve and Day
Holidays of the Hobrazian Orthodox ChurchEdit
Numerous in the liturgical calendar, but the two most important are the Festivity of Descent and the Festivity of Birth.
Holidays in HobaismEdit
- The Festival of Fertility (March 25th – April 5th) - This is where Hobaists celebrate the coming of the new season and ask the Hob-A for a fertile crop and animals for food.
- Midsummer (20th June-30th June)- Celebration of mid-summer when the Sun is at its height and the day its longest.
- Feast for the dead (30th October-9th November)- Celebration of those who have been before (died) and inviting them to feast with the living.
- New Year (28th December-6th January)- Celebration of the New Year. A large tree cut from the sacred forest is burned throughout and the ashes then taken by each of the tribes.
|Nations of Artania|