Trigunia has seen several periods of extreme political polarization. Trigunia was home to the foundation of the United Kerissian Socialist Republic and its numerous successor states, it has also had periods of extreme autocratic periods where it the House of Mashkov dominated the Trigunian Tsardom as the Tsar of Trigunia. The country has seen few periods of center governments, it is considered to be one of the leading political powers in Terra. Trigunia is currently ruled by the All-Trigunian Communist Party underneath Premier Misha Antonov. Trigunia is home to the Trigunian people, who are also called Rodshyan. They primarily speak Rodshyan, which is also sometimes called Trigunian. The second largest population is the Kozaki, who call Zarvospol home along with the Zarvosen people. The Kozaki speak a close form of Rodshyan but have minor differences, the majority of the Zarvosen people speak Zarvosen which is similar to Rodshyan but again, like Kozaki, different.
Government and politicsEdit
Trigunia is a socialist republic with the Premier of the Trigunian SFSR as the constitutional head of state, represented by a Chairman of the Council of Ministers who is elected directly by popular vote. The Premier exercises several reserve functions through the Chairman. The current Premier, Misha Antonov, regularly contributes with current Chairman of the Council of Ministers, Valentin Konstantinov.
The Chairman of the Council of Ministers is the head of government, and chairs the Government of Trigunia. The Chairman of the Council of Ministers is the day-to-day operator of the government of Trigunia. The Chairman of the Council of Ministers is appointed by the Supreme Soviet, a unicameral 750-seat legislature which is the sole legislative authority within Trigunia. The Supreme Soviet has various councils (also known as Soviets) and committees which are tasked with specialized areas regarding the operation of the Trigunian state. The elected head of the Supreme Soviet is the Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet and is elected at the opening of a new Supreme Soviet.
In Trigunia, there are 5 regions known as Oblasts (Luthorian: Provinces) which have elected Governors (Rodshya: губернатор; tr. gubernator) which are elected during national elections. The Oblast government and some names (including that of the Oblast Soviet) varies from oblast to oblast, however they are comprised of an Oblast Soviet (Rodshya: Областная совет; tr. Oblastnaya Sovet) that acts as is legislative branch. Oblasts have a variety of local governments, they are followed by a second-level subdivision known as Raions (Rodshyan: район tr. rayon) which vary by region. Raions are headed by locally elected raion councils, these councils exercise control over settlement councils, or settlements (Rodshyan: поселкового совета tr. poselkovogo soveta) shortened to possoviet.
The Trigunian government as means to quell religious or political dissent sometimes create special republics, which are ruled semi-autonomously, however they are considered to be that of an oblast. The only existing republic as of October, 4369 is the Abreken Republic, located on Lesnov and is comprised of mostly ethnic Ahmadi Trigunians.
|Flag||Coat of Arms||Area||Population||Oblast Government||Districts|
|Brakav Oblast||Kaiserburg||87,300 km||17,233,432||Oblast Duma||13|
|Radin Oblast||Rodshyadam||402,000 km||19,925,484||Oblast Duma||34|
|Vrosnok Oblast||Petrovgrad||354,000 km||19,931,735||Oblast Duma||28|
|Zarvospol Oblast||Zarvosopol||254,100 km||19,954,967||Supreme Oblast Council||25|
|Lesnov Oblast||Sebenogorsk||203,400 km||19,961,643||Oblast Duma||30|
Military and law enforcementEdit
Smallest and southernmost is Tirgith; home to most of the ethnic Hulstrians, containing the province of Tirgith
total land area of 1,300,800 km² (808,279.647 mi²); 21st largest nation of Terra by land area.
- highest latitude of a country, stretching from 52° North at the southern tip of Tirgith to 64° North at the northern tip of Lesser Chadonya
- close to Polar circle at 66° 56' North
- Because of high latitude, there are large seasonal variations in daylight. From late May to late July, the sun never completely descends beneath the horizon in areas north of the Polar Circle, and the rest of the country experiences up to 20 hours of daylight per day. Conversely, from late November to late January, the sun never rises above the horizon in the north, and daylight hours are very short in the rest of the country.
- 24 to 65 in (610 to 1,650 mm). Coastal areas are subject to intense storms, wind, and rain. Winter temperatures average between -11°C and 1°C, and in summer between 6°C and 15°.
- moderating influence of the sea, except in inner Chadonia; esp. around the mountainous areas
- northern parts of Itäsaari are windswept, stormy & inhospitable
- western parts of Chadonia are wracked by storms; but high hills protect the coastal plain where most of the cities are located; therefore, cities have good climate & only moderate winters
Flora and FaunaEdit
- western Chadonia is evergreen forests; as is most southern of Yulrath
- southern coast along the coastal plains is more temperate forests or open meadow land
- northern coast of Chadonia & nearly all of Itäsaari is rugged & rocky with few trees, mostly low grassland, lichens & mosses
- most northern areas have layers of permafrost; however, most of the islands do not
- largest mammals on island, mostly Chadonia, are Severnyj olen (Reindeer), & Trigunskiĭ medvedʹ (Trigunian Bear), mostly on Itäsaari is Severnaya poni (Northern Pony)
- large number of polar bird species flock to the islands in the spring and autumn
- birds include puffins, wrens, etc.
Demographics and cultureEdit
«We are changing the alphabet; abandoning the old Tokundian alphabet for an old Latin one.»
(Culture Minister Andrei Ivanovich Volkonsky, 2905)
The largest ethnicity of Trigunia is that of Trigunians (Rodshya: Triguniye), making up roughly 87% of the population. Due to past poverty, political oppression, and geographical factors Trigunia has not seen large influxes of immigrants like many other nations of Terra have and therefore, its population has remained relatively homogeneous.
The most widely spoken language in Trigunia is Rodshya. Rodshya is a Delic language related to Deltarian. In the past, the language used a derivative of the Tokundian alphabet but in the last several hundred years the language has experienced mass Latinization.
There are three dialects of Rodshya spoken in Trigunia: Tirgithye spoken on the island of Tirgith; Dam spoken on the main island of Greater Chadonya; and Novyii found exclusively on the island of Lesser Chadonya.
«The final step in tearing down Communism and dictatorship must be the privatization of the education system.»
(Education Minister The Rt Hon. D.S. Derzhavin, 9th Baron of Regrinsky)
|Nations of Keris|